Wednesday, September 5, 2018

How to Cross StitchHow to Make a Cross Stitch Pattern from a Photo



Hi, I'm Vickie Pavone on behalf of Expert
Village. In this series we'll be talking about the basics of cross stitching. In this segment
we're going to be discussing designing a pattern using preprinted options. When you have a
picture that you want to do but you want to change it to make it your own, you take your
choice, you find your pattern, make a copy of it, and then decide how you want to embellish
it.

In this case I need it larger, so I'm going to be adding stitches. So all I've done
is taken a section in the middle and added stitches. In this case I'm going to add seven.
Three stitches on each side. In this case I'm going to be adding the same amount leaving
one open and three stitches on each side.

That will make the picture both wider and
longer for what I want. The other option is you can use your grid paper and choose say
a border or letters, and then draw them right onto your paper. Following the pattern you
would take it and you would just follow the pattern they have. Do however many, in this
case there's four up, two over, one back down again, one across to make the letter "A".
And that's how you follow your preprinted patterns..

How to Cross StitchHow to Make a Cross Stitch Pattern from a Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment