Monday, August 13, 2018

Cross Stitch #16 - Addendum & Tracy Talking Tag (41016)



Hey everybody. It's Lori here. Organic Granny and
I just wanted to do a quick addendum to the videos that Stitching Mae and I did and
posted last weekend it was regards to if you haven't seen it, you really should go look at it.
I can't imagine that if you're watching me now that you haven't seen it already
but it is pretty humorous.

We had a great time. So we were actually ... Little back
story if you don't know, we were at an open market. I have since found out there
a little bit more background and the reason I'm doing this is i was asked a
couple times how we actually heard about this and I thought what I would do is go
ahead and tell you how I found out about it and then I did a little bit of
research for you and I put some links down below and cuz I know some of you
are not on Facebook and so what I did is I gave you at least a blog or a website
to these companies, to these vendors that we saw, so that you can look at the
photos and see better pictures and see what we saw and
then now, I have found out, that the Prim Stitchers' Society:  The Prim Stitchers' Society was started by one of the vendors - Dixiesamplar Handdyed
Fabrics actually started the Prim Stitchers' Society.

She is the one that set up the retreat and
then had gathered up the other vendors for the open market and Gay and Stitching Mae and I
went to the open market and had a lovely, lovely time as I'm sure you could tell by
the previous video. So, what I'm gonna do as I'm gonna go over again what I
bought briefly and then share with you what I bought the next day, so I can go and
put the stuff up, and then when I was going to do is Tracy's Talking Tag. I thought I would just round out the video with that. So again what I'm
doing is I'm gonna show you again a repeat what I already showed you in the
last video plus some additional stuff that I bought and then I'm giving you all
the links to at least ...I'm not giving you the Facebook links...

If you're on
Facebook, you can just do the search and find these
facebook sites.  So if you saw the other video, this was Gay's purchase, the fox. It was from Notforgotten Farm. What I bought was Bird Haus.

This one I didn't show last time. Notforgotten Farm does the punch needle. She's got a whole
series of punch needle books she put out. Her name is Lori, I like the way
she spells her name, was there giving demonstrations.

A very, very nice lady. Fun,
fun person. Again the model of this was not a stark white fabric it was a much more muted neutral and it was
very nice very striking I thoroughly like that. I thought I would get that one,
too.

So  Notforgotten Farm. Bird Haus. It's German. Okay, the Nebby Needle I did get one more from the Nebby Needle so let me go over really quick I
did purchase and you'll be able to see the pictures much much clearer but I
also encourage you to buy either directly from the source or from your
local needlework store.

Okay?  Or go to 123Stitch and you're gonna be able to see better
photos of the stuff also. But I am encouraging you to please let's keep
local businesses in business. Okay, so this is the Nebby Needle and this is Nanu's Hanky This has both Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Arts Sampler Threads and it also
looks like Classic Colors but it also gives DMC conversions it does give that
on the back. Conversions.

Oh, this has a little story on the back. It's the only one. Nanu was her grandmother. Ok so again I really like the tree.

Again that was Nanu's Hanky. Then we have again also still from the
Nebby Needle we have Old Town Sampler. It has has the alphabet in the
tree and yes, there is a specialty stitches and it
is the doorknob and I think I can handle doing smyrna stitch for the doorknob and
satin stitch. I can handle satin stitch.

Royal Doodle Sampler. Again DMC and Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Art Sampler threads pretty, pretty. And this is the new one. Ok this is Every Leaf.

Every leaf speaks bliss to me fluttering from the autumn tree. And this was by Emily Bronte Bront-e? Just gonna show my literary
ignorance. Don't tell. DIdn't see that one until we went on Sunday.

That was the Nebby Needle. Next to them
was the Summer House and again I got the tortoise and the hare from Summer House. This is gonna be a series and so the tortoise and the hare or the ones that
have been released and again this is Gentle Arts and I did buy the thread pack for this and the fabric. Again the tortoise and the hare are the ones that have been released.

Here are the threads. Let me turn that around so you can read that. So pretty. And there's a bunny and a turtle.

So I had to do it. We have wood trail, grecian gold, cinnamun, uniform blue and cast iron skillet are our colors and the whole series is done in in these colors. And the fabric that I
bought for this was Picture This Plus, Wren 28 count and is big enough to do both of these and
then some. Wren from Picture this Plus Very nice mottling there.

One of the reasons why I wanted to
go to this was so I can look at the fabric because it's really difficult to buy off the internet for me it's just not something I'm comfortable with.
I got fabric for that. I got two pieces so I have more than enough to do the two Summer House. Both the turtle and the hare. DixieSamplar, Terri, and she is the one that orchestrated
this whole retreat and the market.

There's her sticker. And i got I wanted some neutrals and I was very successful and not like Gay and her RED fabric. I was looking for some neutrals. I found toasted coconut
and it's just a very very pale pale pink extremely pale pink.

It whispered pink. I got two of each and I got 28 and 32 count of each. That was toasted coconut. This one is
vintage buttermilk.

Still a neutral but a tanny-yellow neutral. Yellow's just really tough on this iPad. And the last piece is rune stone.  I specifically bought for the last pattern that I got.

I don't think I mentioned these are
all linens. No mottling. Just a nice brown. Not a BROWN or a BEIGE, just a brown.

What's going on this is the reds of this piece which will look striking on this. Purely Samplers Collection from Home Spun Elegance. And it's called Sampler Friends. So these red houses here are going to look really nice on that fabric there.

And it was really nice, I grabbed the sample and was able to take it to the table to pick out the fabric. Every single person there was extremely
pleasant it was very very nice. I wish I. Could have gone to the retreat.

They
looked like they had a wonderful time. How we heard about the event: Stitchers' Escapes on
Facebook had the link to this. The Prim Stitchers Society Facebook
page where they had the sign up  and the information of the retreat itself and
that there was going to be an open market. And the only reason I was looking
at this is because in Stitchers' Escapes it has all these are these events listed
and you can see the city and the state Marietta is technically metro Atlanta that's not too
terribly far away.

I can do that. So Gay and I went to Marietta, Stitching Mae came down
and we met and spent the night. The Hilton was very very pleasant very nice
It was a wonderful time. No issues and worries.

Dumb luck is how I. Found it. So I am sharing with you all this
information so that if you are in the area you sign up read the blog and maybe go
on to Stitchers'  Escapes it's a Facebook group if you're not a facebook person I'm
sorry I'm not really sure how.... Get on somebody's mailing list that's
all I can suggest so I'm going to give you some links.

Google your little brains out.  I know 123 Stitch carries
a lot of this so you can see actually better photos than what I could show you
here and these were much better than what we showed you last weekend. Ok so I did that real quick I got what I wanted. Had a great time with Gay, with
Stitching Mae.

We had a lot of laughs. Now I'm going to do the Tracy
Talking Tag [I quit the closed captioning here until the very end because this was just about accents.]   Hope everybody has a wonderful stitchy time and I
will see you whenver I have something to say so talk to you in about 6, 8 weeks. Take care..

Cross Stitch #16 - Addendum & Tracy Talking Tag (41016)

No comments:

Post a Comment