Friday, August 10, 2018

August FlosstubeTwo Exciting Finishes! WIPS & Haul Cross Stitch



Hello everyone welcome back to my
channel welcome to my library there's a bunch of
books behind you that you can't see this is actually half of our garage when we
moved in this was the previous owners husband's hunting den so there were guns
on the wall and this wall is actually like wall board and it had pictures
printed on it of camouflage and deer and geese and other animals that you would
shoot with a gun or a bow and arrow so that had to go unfortunately that means
we can't pull our car in but you know what's more important a warm car in the
winter or books I want to preface this video by saying
I'm in a period of insomnia right now I. Think I'm just laughing for no reason I
I have a come and go relationship with sleep and right now it is gone so I woke
up at 3 a.M. Today and I've been through it so many times before I know my my
life will return to normal and in the meantime everything will be ok
it's amazing what your body can do on very little sleep but the brain fatigue
is incredible and I get loopy and giggly and it's just so yeah I the synapses in
my brain are so slow or maybe they're dead I'm not sure so please forgive me
for the not being able to finish my sentences because all of a sudden I
cannot remember what I was saying and the weird giggling and just general
stupidity so yeah yesterday I was typing at the computer
and for some reason I was typing the word bacon and in normal life I am a
good speller and I typed in ba ke n bacon and I just sat there giggling like it
was the funniest thing ever so I have to finishes an FF Oh a little bit of hall
and I started two things so lots of good exciting things let's begin I'll show
you my favorite thing of this whole video first
it is my finished Song of Solomon ship sampler I'm gonna try to use this plots
to equipment today this turned out even better than I thought it would I love
this it is one of the best things I've ever stitched that is showing up really
accurately I love this so the letters are based off of some lettering in the
book of kells and the motifs are old Dutch embroidery motifs I'm sorry for
the lighting going in and out that's actually just the Sun being weird I love
so I love that it looks it you can tell it's antique or based on an antique and
then but with my color scheme it looks eclectic and a little bit weird
and funky I just love it the year is up here that says 2017
because that's what year it is and I signed it down here SW because
those are my initials I wouldn't change anything about this
I already said it 32 times in this clip I love this I just took this in our
bedroom when I was done and we have like a painting and I just flipped it over
the top and I've been staring at it when I sit in bed so I was actually a little
bit depressed when this was over because that's how much fun I was having frosted
fun my next finish is pretty big it's my forest
I finished anaphora screw by rosewood Manor excuse me while I wrangle it so
this is a big piece people are intimidated by it some people are
intimidated by it because it is so big I. Finished this in about a year which
means I did a little over a page each month I hit big it was bad I really
enjoyed it I was ready to be done stitching trees so there was no like
after depression with this piece but I.

Love it I look I love everything about
it I stitched this with all of the
recommended colors except for the bunnies and the owls
I changed to my favorite grays which are 416 and 415 so here's my forest how good does that look so I charted my own verse in the middle
for the tree and by my own I mean I. Stole it from the Bible and also for the
little tree I don't think I had that one stitch the last time I talked to you
that one says behold I'm making all things new that is from revelation the
verse in the big trees from Isaiah so no I did not write it myself my favorite
part is still this down here I just I. Don't know oops I love it and then my
initials in the date are right here so this this is like the width of my poster
board unfortunately because it is so big I
foresee this sitting in my closet for quite sometime because it's going to be
a pretty penny to frame it and because it is such a weird size I will keep an
eye out but the chances of me finding a frame are very low if you have a good online resource for
like weird or custom framing sizes if you have a good source for that I would
love to know yeah I would love to know cuz every now and then you do see like
custom weird frames on Amazon of different dimensions but I don't I'm
always a little leery of that I don't know why if you didn't see my last video
I am sharing the chart for both of the trees that I reach arted I have a PDF of
my rechart and I've been asking people to send me a picture of their pattern or
project just to make sure they own the pattern it is the same alphabet that is
in the original pattern so it's not mine to just like give the world so I've been
trying to at least make sure that you own the pattern before I send you the
PDF and thank you to everyone who has asked for that it has been I know it's
just been fun to hear from you and a little flattering and to have you sent
me presents like which I told you was completely unnecessary but you did it
anyway because you're sweet and thank you so those are my two finishes I have
an ffo to share text I finished my all my neighbor's Linde
stitches pattern a few months ago and just had been sitting there I just
couldn't find the right frame for it and my daughter was dying to sew a pillow
together so I was like do you want to use this and so she so this with much
guidance that's just a flat pillow and it's dirty because it's been a month or
so and she's taking it to a campout he'll take
cross-stitch camping she did the cat loves it I all right so here's how I
feel about cushions I hate it I hate I. Don't hate this how do people stand seeing their
cross-stitch like up against people's bodies and being like squashed and mold
like I can't stand it like I unless you don't have any
children or pets and like no one sits on your couch like how does anyone take it
I just I don't want people touching it touching my work and sleeping I'm
putting their face on it that's just gross and so I know this is gonna get
slowly destroyed I guess you're okay with that I don't I don't get it but if
I'd had like couch cushions that I had stitched and then people came and sat on
them I know they wouldn't think anything of it but I would just be sitting there
resenting you for putting your unwashed body on my cross-stitch so obviously the
cushion finish is not for me so the second category of things I want
to share with you our designs that I.

Finished and are in my shop Lindy
stitches on Etsy the first is a summery pattern I did in conjunction with Karen
and so much to love she has a bag of the Month Club and she allowed me to
participate in the June bag of the month and so she gave me this saying and I ran
with it and I think it turned out really well here's the pattern it says a change
in latitude would change my attitude so when I think about vacation I think
about Florida I grew up vacationing my grandparents in Florida and when I
think about Florida I think about pelicans so here's a happy Pelican the
second design that I finished I did with a special couple in mind in my life and
wanted to stitch it but then did not have time it is an anniversary piece I
think I called it anniversary promise or something so eloquent here's what it
looks like so that pattern comes with the letters
and the numbers that you need to customize it for whoever the third piece
I finished is my autumn smile sampler I. Wanted to do a piece that people would
feel comfortable using variegated floss for because I had so much fun myself
doing my own colors with Song of Solomon ship sampler I know it's intimidating I
think fall is the easy color palette for people to branch out in maybe I'm wrong
so here's what the sampler looks like I'm a part of Angela at color and
Cotton's like floss monthly floss subscription service I love getting her
floss in the mail it's gorgeous and beautiful and so in that pattern I did
some it started in DMC but I did a little chart of just like ideas for
branching out of different variegated places you could use in the pattern that
are similar tones to the DMC but would I. Think be more fun so that's my autumn
smile sampler alright so would you like to see my whips of course you would
we'll start with mother and child I made some great headway on this piece I
finished the top half - the back stitching so here's what it looks like yep
the Sun is going right through it though that's okay what is there to say I did a bunch of
yellow background but I think it's looking very happy and cheery pretty so
that's where I am with that one and the only other continuing whip I have that I
think you've seen before I don't know my last video in is in May was in May and
that feels like it was eons ago all right I'm gonna have to uncute snap this
my next whip that I'm going to show you is seeds of freedom by Silver Creek
samplers I'm trying to decide if I want to say
something in light of current events I'm not gonna say anything I will say
this I started this whip thinking oh this is just a cute Civil War piece and it's cute the last part says I'll pay respects to
all I owe and help their seeds of freedom grow and I'm sorry
I don't know what to say I'm getting emotional that's not good okay um yeah I
started this thinking it's that's cute it's a civil war piece and I'm well
aware of the fact that the effects of the Civil War and the handling of
everything that happened after that it wasn't just like okay I can't I'm not
gonna go into it okay here's where I am I'm almost halfway
done I think it looks great I love the colors
that I picked and I just changed the tone of the piece and I like it it's
more me it's more something that I would hang in my home yeah current events cross-stitch okay so my Chatelaine let's get into it
I started my Chatelaine it is the mushroom in fern mandala and
the finished piece looks like this I'll show you where I am well first I
have to show you how big my fabric is this is how big my fabric is hey what
yep stinking huge this is 350 1 by 351 and here's where I am most of the
stitching in the center circle is completed I'm holding sideways what does
it matter here we go I'm stitching on this on 32 count stone gray Lugano I
love the color of the fabric it's this weird yeah it's gray purple
tan and I just had to make sure I wasn't sweating on my fabric but I'm not so
here we go I'm actually stitching this out of order this is crazy insane nutso
on crack back stitching it's nuts and so I did maybe this much of it and
then I decided that I didn't want to spend the next five years working on
this section so I decided to stitch these medallions in the corners and I
stitched the vert the frame so that I. Would have more spots to count off of
and also so that I could kind of improvise and know that exactly how much
space I had because counting out each of those stitches let me show
you even closer come on camera yeah counting all those stitches I'm not
getting any younger people and I was I.

Was like gonna do that so I'm doing some
heavy improvising on the green of the grass so I have a lot of thoughts about
Chatelaine and I'm not sure how much of it would be interesting i kidded this
one up myself and I saved a lot of money doing so because I am very willing to
use DMC I've learned a lot and I feel like my next Chatelaine could be even
cheaper because I did order quite a few specialty flosses if I had no idea what
they were or if DMC would even be a good substitute
so I've stitched with some things that I've never stitched with handled seen
touched felt experienced before including Karen wildflowers I loved
stitching with that I love stitching with it it's so pretty and easy and it
looks gorgeous here's a specialty floss that I know I do not like this is pearl
silk by dinky dyes stuff is not cheap I don't remember how much it cost but it
wasn't a dollar uh these medallions right here which I know you probably
can't see very well our stitched with pearl silk and because
I didn't really know what pearls look was like it does have somewhat of a
sheen to it I felt like I should probably order it and so I ordered it
out of ignorance you wouldn't know that it wasn't DMC heavily only I said it has
a little bit of a sheen to it that DMC. Does not have but what I really don't
like is that it is springy it's bouncy and so sorry my camera cut off so I was
saying this is springy and bouncy and so when you're stitching you know you feel
for the tug technical term you go for the tug with this stuff is
like buying a ring trying to mine and then trying to get it in the needles
like it's just I don't like it and I. Have like four cards of it so that's
great um so things like that I know next time if I saw that on the supplies list
I would know just sub for DMC it's not a big deal and you don't like stitching
with it um yeah I think if you're willing to take time and stare at the
pattern and zoom that zoom in on other people's work where you know like four
or five dollars skein of flosses and really determine for yourself whether
the variegation even shows through if it's a variegated thread or whether it
actually even looks like a special thread and if it's worth it to you to
pay the money for each different specialty floss it takes time but like I
said I saved a ton of money and it's gonna look great it's it's gonna look
awesome when I'm done with it in the year 2060 - my next new start I blame on Phil thanks
a lot Brian your fault - I love the seasonal samplers fill at pip stitch is
doing the spring sampler and brian is doing the winter sampler from the cooler
Design Studios so I had to go look at them naturally and I found seasonal cat
samplers they're not by the same author as the ones that the boys are doing but
they're really cute so obviously there's one for each season
I bought the fall which is my favorite these are by Nancy Rowe see the pictures
same old story as all the other cross-stitch pictures that have ever
been made it's terrible I've seen stitched examples of all three other
seasons but I can't find a stitched example of this one so I'm just assuming
that's going to look way better than the picture looks but I I really like it
it's I don't remember the size it's a good size I don't know that I would stitch off for
I like the spring one all the cats look different the spring one the cat has
this derpy fake look on its face I think it's adorable so I would stitch that one
I don't like the summer one the cats like facing the other way and you can't
see its face I don't know the winter one is cute as well so here is my amazing
new start on my laughs and incredible is that everything that's all the stuff I'm
currently working on I have a little bit of haul to share I can find it okay I
don't know I'm always wondering fizzling I don't know why did I order this uh
okay I'll do plastic it so Marty Bell I. Don't know has anyone showed these like
Marty Bell patterns I don't know I am NOT into architecture I'm not into
houses or buildings apparently Marty Bell's a woman I
thought it was a man there's Marty Bell um she has a lot of buildings I bought
this I don't know what I was thinking I.

Think it's pretty it's like look at it
you can tell it's confetti Adventure 101 and I will probably never stitch this
also can we agree that the Emerald mat in that piece is truly awful that one is called Summerland I don't
know and then rotten Melia was so sweet the
author of the Song of Solomon ship sampler I correspond it a little bit
with her and she just decided to send me her like companion piece to that because
she's nice and I was like uh-uh I'm gonna go buy it now thank you
it is behold the new heavens sampler and it's obviously white it's around the
same size as the Song of Solomon ship sampler it's obviously quite different
the colors are different the yeah I. Don't know that you would be able to
tell that's a companion piece as a Bible quote on it but I think it's pretty and
fun and funky and I am glad to have it in my collection my last piece of haul I
want to thank ingerborg add a stitch too far profusely she was talking about
wanting to buy things in the picture of this plus sail but not being sure that
she would like the fabric and she ended up ordering just little the littlest
cuts from one to three to see if she liked the colors and I don't know why
that idea has never occurred to me because for me the most stressful part
of starting a new pattern is picking the fabric color and ordering it I spend way
too much time angsting over fabric colors and I'm not even talking about
hand IDEs which I know those very like I. Can't even go there I cannot do that I'm
talking about just the basic colors where they even give you the DMC
conversions I struggle so much and so hard because usually the fabric I want
to order is over $20 I don't want to get it in
like it I don't want to send it back I'm not interested in creating a giant
fabric stash I want something that's right the first time and so I just
copied anger Borges idea and this is going to help me so much with my
designing too because like I said I just I just struggle with the fabric choice
so hard so I ordered almost every color of 32 count Lu Ghana and Jolin that
1-2-3 stitch carries I'm Fanning them out beautifully in my lap for you and
they're all nine by thirteen cuts so these were all $4 and obviously if you
add it up that's well I think okay laughing for no reason again um you can
do the math if you want to see how much my order was but this honestly is an
investment yes I could have bought two nice sized pieces of fabric for actual
projects with the amount of money that I. Paid for this but this is going to save
me so much angst so much because I've already I've already profited from this
being able to design and lay my floss on the actual color fabric that I want I
mean yeah you can do it on the computer but there's nothing like having all the
tangible stuff in front of you nothing I.

Want to show you this color and it's
seasonally appropriate and I'm I'm sure this is a new color from which'll well
that's crazy this is orange Clementine that's showing up true-to-life is nuts
uh that's pretty I also love I've always wanted to try this color and then just
never bit the bullet this is sand castle and it's just really it's a warm it's a
very warm tan and it's variegated it's gorgeous
this one exotic orchid gorgeous I mean yeah so thank you so much ingerborg that
that has already been a lifesaver for me and I mean you could stitch smalls on
these little cuts I don't tend to do smalls very often but I'm just I'm just
happy to have like a little color catalog for future projects I think
that's it let me check my list there's one thing in the garage I'll go get it
I come bearing scroll frame okay so I. Got this at the thrift store
I'm looking for the price tag it was half off and I think I it was originally
marked like six dollars so I thought and I bought it like it was a hot tamale oh
there's the price tag yes seven dollars and I got it for half off I did a little
bit of research and I think that this is an American Dreams is re American
American Dreams brand but and I was so excited to get it obviously it was in
the garage so I'm not using it it is it's so big it's so big that it won't sit and my
sitting in my stitching chair like it goes over the artisan it just does not
fit and I have no place to like functionally use this back and forth with the chair um I don't
I can't use it at this point in my life cuz cracking up when Brian and his
latest video blitz stitch was talking about his kids moving out and like
creating his own like get in his own room and put in his cross to shun the
walls I am with you Brian I can't wait to make my own cross stitch
dead and maybe then I will have somewhere to put this because right now
like literally I have nowhere to put this it's like a piece of furniture okay
that is all across stitch I have to share with you two other things the
first is if you need some new music to listen to me I highly recommend
passengers new album called the boy who cried wolf it is perfection if you can listen to the boy who cried
wolf and also setting sons
I think it's called any if you don't like those songs I regret to inform you
that you have bad musical tastes wonderful also I have one more whip but
it is not crossed it do you want to see it any guesses this is a work in
progress I love kitchen experiments I love I love
when you can do something weird and then eat it so I've made my own yogurt before
sourdough bread anything worth like you're rotting something but you're not this is kombucha this is the latest
craze in American beverages it is fermented tea so this is like down here
and up here they're just like a big layer of yeast and you feed it sweet tea
it is a living organism you feed it sweet tea and then it ferments the tea
and it tastes good what can I say anyway thank you for your sweet and
amazing and creative and hilarious comments I am on instagram at Lindy
stitches my shop is at Lindy stitches calm thank you for spending time with me
I love you all I am saying goodbye see ya.

August FlosstubeTwo Exciting Finishes! WIPS & Haul Cross Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment