Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Cross Stitch #19 - A Finish and a Quick Update (9616)



Hi everybody. Organic Granny here. Also known as Lori. I'm just going to give you a really, really quick update as to what
went on last month.

And I have just uploaded a little quick 10-minute video
about my Needlework System 4 lap stand. You may find that informative. You
may not. You're more than welcome to skip over it.

This however, is just going to be a
finish, a little bit of haul. Is it a little haul? I have a purchase. I have purchases
and then I also found something that those of us that use a metal music
stand I made an addition to that I'm finding very helpful. I'm gonna show you that.

So first let's do the finish first. So I did finish...This is called Elphaba. I'm going to move her forward here. Hopefully she'll remain in focus.

She has 34 different greens.  I got most of the way done with her face and then I was having trouble
telling the greens apart. I was losing my place. So I went in and I.

I gridded it. I did some gridding with some
Sulky Sliver and it definitely helped me keep my place. So I had that finish
this week - this weekend, actually. And that was a PDF chart.

I don't have
the paper chart which to show you. This is from Keenah's Cross Stitch. It's an Etsy
shop and I will leave a link below so that you can find that if you're
interested. Again that's Keenah's Cross Stitch.

The chart had...I love the end
result. Don't get me wrong. I love how it turned
out, but because the black background was charted as black, it made it extremely difficult for me to find the gridlines. I actually had to use my
tablet and zoom in really far in order to be able to see where the 10 by 10
grid lines were.

So I couldn't print that out, even if I wanted to. I could have, but
would have been more difficult. But as a PDF chart that using a tablet,
definitely was doable. And it's a color chart by the way.

Alrighty, so that was my finish, my solo
finish. Let's see. I bought two things off ebay. This is from Terrence
Nolan.

He does not do charts anymore. He has not been... See this one is 2003.
They're both 2003. I think you can find some of his latest
2008-2009.

Anyways, he has a very cool series of insects. So i was
able to find two kits. This one is Jeweled Scarab and all the Kreinik and
the floss and the linen came with. And the other one that I got was Orchid Bee.
This one also came with the Kreinik and the DMC.

The fabric is actually Wichelt 32 count Lambswool linen. But I think what i'm going to do is I'm
going to swap that out for something more hand-dyed. Something like with a
parchment type paper [looking] or something... Picture This Plus, maybe.

But I have to go
and wait till I get to see material in live. I may take one of these.  I'm
going to a retreat with Gay in October. And so I'm gonna probably going to take
one of these with so that I can find material, fabric that I really want to do these on.

So that was that. I have really quickly, and I'm going to
repeat myself here because I did this on my Needlework System 4 stand. I
have discovered a really handy dandy light. This is an IKEA product.

So of
course, if you have the luxury of having an IKEA store in your city, then you can go and look at these. But you also buy these off Amazon. They're called... Yeah...

Jans Jo? I don't know what that
means, but anyways, it is a very flexible necked lamp. It has a switch and it has a
very long cord. The cord is 11 feet 6 inches or 3.5 Meters. So I mean it has a
very, very long cord and it's pretty bright.

I believe this is an LED. You know I need to read the boxes before I start my video, don't I? Anyways, great clamp. Really, really hard clamp.
Just be careful that you don't have the thing wide open and then accidentally
let it slip out of your hand because what it'll do is it'll smack these
things together so hard that you'll break one of the pieces off. But I use this this on my Needlework System 4.

It just clamps right there on the back. Get my hands out of the way. So just
clamp it something like that. I know I love it, love this lamp.

That and also if you are using a metal music stand like I am, then I have
discovered that there is... And I got this off of... No,  I went Home Depot. So I went to the big-box store and I bought this.

What this is is a knife
holder or a tool holder and it's pretty serious. Yeah, it's pretty heavy. And so it is actually... This is the one I
got at Home Depot.

It is called Magnets. It actually supports five kilograms or... Surely it says it in English. 30 Pounds! There we go.

30 Pounds . So yeah, we don't really have
30 pound stuff, but i have discovered that this goes underneath the lip of the ledge of the... I'm tired. I'm sorry.

The edge of the music stand so it's up
underneath, like that and then I have all my rings of floss and they just sort of
kinda [hang]. Just even if I halfway put them on, there, they are happy to stay on there. So
yeah, yeah they don't fall they may flip a little bit, but they don't fall. So let's see, the other than that, that's it.
But i'm very excited about my finish.

I already have the frame. I went and
picked up the foam core today. I was going to use black foam core and I
didn't have any of that at the house. I went picked up some black foam core
for that so that it doesn't show through the aida.

So
hopefully next weekend I'll have that in its frame. That is actually a gift for a
friend and she does not Flosstube. She's not a cross stitcher but she
appreciates it because her sister is a cross stitcher. She will appreciate it and she's a big fan of Wicked.

She took me to see Wicked so I'm giving this as a gift to her, thanking her for taking me. Other than that, I don't think I. Have... I think I've done it.

Last time we talked, I did say there is
something else I was forgetting. Yeah, what it was was one of our cross stitch
little group, a nice lady that lives fairly close to my house. Her name is
Stephanie. [Hi Stephanie!] Stephanie came with her daughters.

So it was Stephanie and Gay and myself and her two girls. And we sat here and
stitched for a couple hours and the girls... I don't know Stephanie must've threatened
them with punishment of huge magnitude because those children hardly spoke. They were very, very into their cross
stitch.

I don't know if they finished their projects. I hope
they have and I'd like to see them next time. So ladies, if you did work on
your project some more, I'd really like to see it. Okay? But that's what I
had forgotten last time, what I was going to talk about.

Stephanie had
come to the house. We had a lovely time. We all sat around stitched. I didn't get
to see Gay this weekend but I'm going to get to see her next week so maybe we'll sneak in another one.

Who knows. Arighty, that's it. Have a lovely time. I
thank you to all my subscribers for hanging out.

Welcome to everybody who's new. Lots of new producers of Flosstube videos out there. A whole new batch of people sharing their goodies and I think that's absolutely wonderful. Alright, nothing else to say.

Take care.
See you soon..

Cross Stitch #19 - A Finish and a Quick Update (9616)

No comments:

Post a Comment